Purchasing Items On Blur
The Blur marketplace does not support smart contract wallets. See below for one workaround you can use.
Blur currently blocks all smart contracts and smart contract wallets. Any item listed on Blur or Gem routing through Blur will not work. Blur only works with wallets that have a private key, such as Metamask, hardware wallets, and other EOA wallets that a single person controls.
One popular but dangerous workaround for this is to move group assets from your Lore vault into a "trader wallet", an EOA wallet that the group uses to move funds around, make the purchase on a marketplace, then move the NFT back into the Lore vault.
This is dangerous because the person who owns the keys to that EOA wallet will control all the assets sent to it. However, this is a popular technique that many groups opt to use. See below for the flow.
EOA Wallets are owned by an individual and not a group. Trader wallets fully control the person or people who know its private key. In contrast, Your Lore vault has no private key, and one person cannot move funds without everyone's approval.
- 1.Open a funding round and raise funds
- 2.Transfer a portion of the raised funds by using the "Transfer Tokens to Member(s)" proposal to a trader wallet (Metamask or other EOA wallet) account for BLUR/Gem listings.
- 3.Head over to BLUR/Gem and purchase the NFT
- 4.Send the NFT from the EOA to the squad or use the "Sell NFT to Squad" Proposal
- 5.Transfer the NFT back to your squad by using the "Sell NFT to Squad" proposal.
A safer but more difficult workaround is for someone to front the funds themselves on their EOA wallet, make the purchase, and then make a private sale of the NFT to the vault.
The downside is that this requires that the user has enough personal ETH to make the trade.
- 1.A collective member buys an NFT
- 2.Transfer the NFT back to your collective using the "Sell NFT to Collective" proposal.
- 3.Select NFT and Enter the cost of the NFT
- 4.Execute the proposal as a collective
- 5.Reconcile the transaction so the contribution is recorded.